Job Posting – Casual Care Workers/Attendants
Is work/life balance important to you? The North Shore Disability Resource Centre (NSDRC) is hiring enthusiastic, community-minded casual Care Workers/Attendants. We are looking for candidates to work in a team and/or independently in supporting individuals with disabilities to lead active and fulfilling lives.
We have a variety of shifts available that provide flexibility, an interesting and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to do impactful work with individuals with disabilities.
- Supporting a variety of aspects of assisted daily living in both residential and community settings;
- Engaging in community building;
- Supporting and facilitating recreational activities;
- Housekeeping and meal preparation;
- Administration of medication administration.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior vocational or educational support of people with disabilities is an asset;
- Experience, knowledge and the ability to interact effectively with the people with a variety of needs is preferred;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills;
- Flexibility, reliability, punctuality, problem solving abilities;
- Ability to manage stress and change;
- Effective time management skill;
- Ability to receive and respond to feedback.
- Criminal Record Search;
- Restricted Class 4 (in some programs);
- Emergency Level 1st Aid and CPR Level C Certificate or equivalent;
- Negative TB Test and medical note indicating physical health.
Unionized worksite offers excellent benefits for permanent employees working over 20 hrs/week.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please submit your resumé and cover letter to the North Shore Disability Resource Centre at email@example.com with the subject line: Care Worker or mail/drop off at:
3158 Mountain Highway
North Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $19.45 to $22.65 /hour